On 9/6/11 12:05 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Andrei Alexandrescu"<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>  wrote in message

Yah, I also think the documentation makes it easy to clarify which module
is the preferred one.

I think there's a lot of merit to simply appending a '2' to the module
name. There only place where the '2' occurs is in the name of the module,
and there aren't many modules we need to replace like that.

I still can never remember if I'm supposed to be using std.regex or
std.regexp.

Yet another argument :o). I also don't quite remember right now whether strstream or stringstream is the new one (I think the latter).

When the new one is finished are we going to have 3?

The new one will stay regex.

It's definately benificial to avoid breaking code, but I really disagree
that phobos has reached that point yet.  The breaking changes need to stop,
but stopping prematurely will leave phobos permanently disfigured.

Agreed.