On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 02:52:19 +0200, Adam Ruppe <destructiona...@gmail.com> wrote:

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Surely you're jesting.

Partially. For the most part, the metric system is better for science,
but for day to day stuff? Poo. Lots of silly things to remember and
the numbers don't line up well to regular stuff.

Could be due to the fact that I'm more used to it, but it's more
likely that my preferences are objectively superior to anyone who
disagrees :)

For what it's worth, I use metric all the time, it being the standard
around these here parts (Norway).

But - when speaking English, I can't help but think in inches, feet
and pounds (not so much drachms, roods and gills). It feels better
matched with the language. (Feel free to interpret that in any way
you may wish)

--
  Simen