On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 05:51:57 +0300, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisp...@gmx.com> wrote:

Also, if we're putting it up on github, we may want to come up with a cooler name than CAPI (though it _is_ right to the point). There's already a user with the name CAPI ( https://github.com/capi ), so aside from whether CAPI is a good name in its own right or not, that might cause problems. Maybe pick something suitably Greek or Roman, given that we already have Phobos? The name of one of the Titans would be fitting given that it relates to C (on the theory that the Greek gods are the successors of the Titans and D's standard library
is named after a Greek god).

I think the name's fine. I don't see "<4-letter word> is already taken" as a valid argument, considering the huge number of users. There's a GitHub user called "phobos" and one called "tools", etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure the D standard library is named after Mars's moon, considering that D was originally named "Mars Programming Language" (after the company name, "Digital Mars").

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net