On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:06:42 +0300, Timon Gehr <timon.g...@gmx.ch> wrote:

I don't see how my generateReflectionForModule idea requires any
modification of the reflected code. The module can generate RTTI for all
types used recursively from the starting point. If more precision is
needed, it can be specified as generateReflectionForModule/etc. parameters.

The module can generate RTTI for all types recursively from the starting point iff that information is statically available. It does not have to be. A module that comes as .di + static library binary could return a reference to a private class that has a publicly exported base class. How would you generate RTTI for a statically invisible class?

The only way to prevent such problems is to have RTTI generated by the compiler and enabled always or by default.

However, is such functionality even desirable? It is equivalent to having a back door for accessing private class members (implementation details in general).

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net