On 11/04/2011 12:05 PM, Steve Teale wrote:
Your point is in fact in support of what I was saying. Why the hell allow
the user to get 2^^64 rows when they're going to be out of date before
they've been got together!

Exactly. That's why we prefer server side events and refresh the UI/RowSet just in case of relevance.

Another point is that you can't load them (without chunking) into a table control/widget. So I would say, don't care about the 2^^64 row.

how we use server side events.. in case that this is interesting..
A window subscribes to an server-side event publisher, The publisher informs all subscribers (Windows) The window clears and refills the row-set and finally display the data. closing the window means unregister from publisher. bla, bla
Bjoern