On 12/3/11 6:25 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 12/3/11, Gour<g...@atmarama.net>  wrote:
Why not reporting it to klickverbot?

I just did. The issue was just that of conversion between function
pointer types. DMD used to allow invalid conversions (e.g. const to
non-const, and vice-versa) until this was fixed a release or two ago.
SWIG will have to be fixed but I don't think it's a huge deal.

Thanks for letting me know, this was a oversight during porting the D1 version. Embarrassingly, I was even one of the authors of the DMD patch that added strict function pointer type checking, but I didn't touch SWIG for quite some while now.

Anyway, fixed in trunk along with a few other issues:

[D] Fix exception glue code for newer DMD 2 versions.
[D] Do not default to 32 bit glue code for DMD anymore.
[D] Improved allprotected test case error messages.
[D] Test case fix: Aliases now required for non-overridden base class overloads.
[D] Test case fix: IntVector holds ints, not size_t.
[D] Use stdc.config.c_long/c_ulong to represent C long types.

David