On 2011-12-04 21:13, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Jacob Carlborg"<d...@me.com>  wrote in message
news:jbgj74$2jff$3...@digitalmars.com...
On 2011-12-04 18:11, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Yea. I do appreciate how it's able to do so much with such simplicity (if
you ignore the bizarre semicolon rules), but only in the same sense that
appreciate Brainfuck for the same reason.

I hide JavaScript behind CoffeeScript, makes it a bit more usable.

http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script/

I've looked at CoffeeScript, but the implicit declarations and indent-syntax
are deal-breakers for me. Besides, for the most part, the syntax isn't one
of my bigger issues with JS. It's more the semantics, type system,
implementation issues, and DHTML abuse.

I really like the syntax, specially since Ruby is my favorite language next to D, they both have a similar syntax (CS and Ruby). I really like that it adds a class based object model, the prototype based object model is just weird. Now all JS libraries have their own way of declaring classes, it seems like everyone actually wants a class based object model.

But the problem remains, CoffeeScript compiles to JavaScript so you are still limited by JS.

--
/Jacob Carlborg