On 2011-12-05 12:01, Mirko Pilger wrote:
I see. BTW, do you have an examples?

entertainment software like media players.

and interestingly enough tools for artists often come with non-native
guis. e.g. 3d modeler applications (like autodesk maya, blender,
luxology modo), pixologic zbrush, adobe after effects, the foundry nuke,
ableton live.

I can understand that these applications need to use non-native widgets, but there is not reason to use a complete non-native GUI. For example, iTunes uses a non-native scroll bar, for no reason what so ever. Nothing is better with this non-native scroll bar.

BTW, Blender has the most horrible GUI I have ever used.

it almost seems like developers of those applications believe
traditional native guis interfere with creativity or are unsuitable for
creative workflows.

--
/Jacob Carlborg