On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:02:11 +0200, Regan Heath <re...@netmail.co.nz> wrote:

When I pointed this out, he said "how does that even compile" and was completely unaware of the existence of the comma operator, nor (once I explained it) did he realise it was in any way related to the comma used in for loops. People simply don't think of them as being the same thing at all. Instead, people learn the comma syntax as a special characteristic of the for loop, and use it nowhere else.

Not that related but my all time favorite is still:

type a = a + 2; // compiles with no errors, no warnings, no explosions (that i know of)