On 2011-12-11 07:16:28 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> said:

On 12/10/11 5:20 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
Also seems strange to me that class references aren't included in that
list, but then I though about how tail-const still doesn't work with
objects. You'd need my const(Object)ref patch to make that work, and
Walter hasn't taken time to look at it yet…

Have you continued to use your fork in daily work? If so, how does it pan out?

Sadly, I'm not using D in my daily work these days. It's mostly C++ and Objective-C.

I'd like to replace those two with D using my DMD/Objective-C fork, but it's still incomplete (lacks memory management), and DMD having no 64-bit support on OSX was a showstopper -- in fact, it still is for DMD/Objective-C which still lacks support for Apple's modern Objective-C runtime used on the 64-bit side. And my inability to make D for Xcode work with Xcode 4 is hampering the effort too.

When I start a new project I'll definitely try using D for it, but right now my D escapade is on hold. :-(

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.com