On 2011-12-12 12:45, jdrewsen wrote:
On Sunday, 11 December 2011 at 21:22:37 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I would say that the preferred way is to use a build tool then there
is no problem. The build tool just asks the package manager which
import paths to use for the given packages and pass the information to
the compiler. But I don't want my package manager to depend on a built
tool, I want it to be usable on its own.

And for that I think the pkg-config method is the way to go. Setting
environment vars brings unneeded state into you development session.
Another option would be to just wrap dmd in a e.g. orbdmd command and
handle it there.

Ok.

Btw: have you considered renaming from orb to something that makes sense
to newbies e.g. dpack?

-Jonas

No, I basically just picked a random name. I tried of trying to come up with good names for tools and libraries.

--
/Jacob Carlborg