On 12/20/2011 07:01 AM, Ruslan Mullakhmetov wrote:
On 2011-12-19 11:52:25 +0000, Alex Rønne Petersen said:

On 18-12-2011 15:40, Somedude wrote:
Le 18/12/2011 15:07, Ruslan Mullakhmetov a écrit :

GC is just a mater of implementation. In presence of resources
implement
good GC algorithm offers no difficulty.

Oh really ? Then please make us a favor and write one for D. Also I'm
sure the C++ guys will be pleased to hear that it's such an easy task.

Yeah, unfortunately, we can't just keep saying "it's an implementation
issue". It's very much a real problem; D programmers are *avoiding*
the GC because it just isn't comparable to, say, the .NET and Java GCs
in performance at all.

- Alex

Thanks for you explanation. I'm quite far away from GC but where is the
problem compare to Java and .NET? Resources (people), specific language
features making hard to implement GC or something else?

When i said that this is just a matter of implementation i followed the
idea that it's already implemented in say Java, C#, Erlang wich GC was
declared to be good enough in this topic.

The difference is that those languages are entirely type safe.