I've only recently tried D out, but what I'd like to see..

-GC being truly optional
-being able to specify if the standard library should use GC or not, perhaps with allocators -if D is going to have a GC, then a precise, compacting one would be cool, but not if it gets in the way of making the GC optional

One thing I'm not sure about, D classes are virtual by default, but if you mark all functions as final does the class still contain a VFP or any other cruft? Also why are class functions virtual by default? My experience in C++ is that I rarely use virtual, so I don't really understand why that is the default.