On 2011-12-27 03:01, dsimcha wrote:
By a vote of 14-0, Jonas Drewsen's CURL wrapper (std.net.curl) has been
accepted into Phobos. Thanks to Jonas for his hard work and his
persistence through the multiple rounds of review that it took to get
this module up to Phobos's high and increasing quality standard.

Keep the good work coming. Next in line, if it's ready, is Jacob
Carlborg's std.serialize. Jacob, please post here when you've got
something ready to go.

Project page (two tutorials): http://dsource.org/projects/orange
Repository: https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange

Documentation:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18386187/orange_docs/orange.serialization.Serializer.html

(Don't forget the "Package" tab)

Unit tests are available in the "tests" directory. These unit tests are not like regular unit tests that test individual functions. These unit tests are on a higher level.

The most important part to review is the "serialization" package. The rest is mostly utility modules.

Running the unit tests:
./unittest.sh

Use "make" to compile the library or create an executable using rdmd.

A few things to think about that need to be resolved:

* This is quite a large library and I really don't want to put it all into one module. I'm hoping it will be OK with a package

* I would really like to keep the unit tests in their own modules because they're quite large and the modules are already large without the unit tests in them

* The unit tests use a kind of mini-unit test framework. Should that be kept or removed?

Note:

The documentation is generate using D1, I don't think that should make a difference though.

--
/Jacob Carlborg