On Thursday, 29 December 2011 at 07:07:10 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
Forgive me if this is a silly question but a conversation in IRC got me wondering if compiler could check for shared/__gshared use (and any other thread unsafe operation) in each unittest and run those that aren't using them concurrently? Obviously not all at once but at least more than one at
a time (perhaps set through user configuration).

Regards,
Brad

The unittest code can ultimately call into both C and D code which source is not known. Such code would need to cause the unittest to be excluded from concurrent execution, in light of this I think it's questionable if such an analysis would be worth implementing. Perhaps look at some example unittest suites that take a long time and look at whether these examples can be proven to be thread-safe.