On 2011-12-31 04:35, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On 2011-12-30 19:49, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Friday, December 30, 2011 13:41:37 Tobias Pankrath wrote:
I really think it is and will use one for my D code. Since both worlds
could live together peacefully there is absolutely no reason not to
include one in phobos.

It's one thing to use a fancier framework on your own. It's quite
another to put it in the standard library. D's unit testing framework
is designed to be straightforward and simple. On the whole, it does the
job quite well. And once the issue of not running subsequent unittest
blocks within a module after a failure in that module is fixed, I see
no benefit from adding any additional library support. It just
complicates things further.

- Jonathan M Davis

Will that be able to give a proper report of all failed tests in a nice
format?

I think that the AssertError's message (which includes the file and line number
of the failure) and its stack trace are plenty. It's exactly what you need and
nothing else.

- Jonathan M Davis

Yes but what happens when there are many failed tests, i.e. may AssertErrors that have been thrown? It will just print all after each other and you have to count them yourself if you want to know how many failed tests there are?

--
/Jacob Carlborg