On 2011-12-31 11:37, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:05:58 Tobias Pankrath wrote:
I think that the AssertError's message (which includes the file and line
number of the failure) and its stack trace are plenty. It's exactly what
you need and nothing else.

- Jonathan M Davis

I want to have such a summary.

I don't see any reason to put that in the standard library. There's nothing
wrong with 3rd party solutions which give additional functionality, but D's
unit test framework is designed to be minimilistic, and I don't think that
adding anything beyond what it does now in terms of summary makes any sense.
The only major issue in that regard IMHO is the fact that no further unittest
blocks within a module are run after one fails. Even if it did, I still don't
think that a fancier summary would be worth having - especially in the
standard library.

BTW, what would be so wrong if the unit tests for the standard library displayed a nice report when finished?

--
/Jacob Carlborg