Jacob Carlborg wrote:
C#, Java and similar language doesn't support free functions like D does. Then they have to resort to "hacks" like static methods, i.e. Console.WriteLine.

D's free functions and simple module design are definitely points in it's favor. However that wasn't really my point. I was saying that from an non-C/C++/D perspective, "Console.WriteLine()" makes more immediate sense than "std.writeln()" albeit only marginally. Both Java and C# use a less cryptic naming convention in their standard libraries which I think helps when learning a language. For instance, "std.container" makes me think of a cup, while "System.Collections" makes me think of a bundle. It's probably just me, but for awhile I thought D didn't have a standard linked list structure because I kept looking in std.array for it.