Am 22.01.2012, 01:42 Uhr, schrieb Sean Kelly <s...@invisibleduck.org>:

On Jan 21, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Manu <turkey...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 21 January 2012 18:09, Sean Kelly <s...@invisibleduck.org>

Seriously? I usually turn that feature off if I use an IDE that has it. Large projects aren't an issue. I've worked on some counted in millions of lines of code.

Why even argue this? What's the point in intentionally making D unappealing to anyone who works in a non-linux professional environment? Do you aim to alienate those users from the community; keep the community nice and small... I honestly don't understand how so many people around here can blindly consider windows users, and 'IDE users' in general, a niche or minority user base, and also, what the value of presenting this argument might actually be?

I wasn't making any sort of argument, I was merely surprised at this statement. Even most of the Java devs I know aren't this reliant on an IDE.

I was as a Java developer reliant on an IDE. It integrates such features as SVN, refactoring, Maven2, remote debugging, powerful code completion including turning the letters "MSO" into "MySpecialObject" using camel-case matching, an embedded compiler capable of quick recompiling when you save a file, warnings while you are editing, powerful search for things like "write access to field 'x'", ... the list goes on.