On 1/24/2012 2:17 AM, k wrote:
Couldn't agree more. I've even been forced to increase the scrollback buffer
of my IRC client in order to not miss conversation pieces while just fetching
coffee, which of course uses up more RAM, not to say the extra tear on my
scroll wheel isn't concerning too. I'm very tempted to file a bug that D has
a technical memory leak, indirectly, but still, it's a very real problem. I
see no other way of fixing this except write-locking the git repos, right?
Could anyone fix this? I guess a temporary workaround could be if poeple used
shorter names for the bugs. Like instead of "(ice) glue.c (67) :  assert
failed with exit code 78" perhaps just "assrt fail lol". Or hey, perhaps even
insert some conversation starters, like "assrt fail, btw, a developer walked
into a foo *eelface*", that would be really great for those awkward silent
moments on the IRC. Let's work together on this people! okthxbye!

A friend of mine, Hal Finney, once wrote a Basic interpreter for an embedded system. He was incredibly short on ROM, and used every trick to stuff that Basic interpreter in. One way to reduce size was to use one error message for every error; he chose:

   EH?

Only 3 bytes! We all thought it was awesome. His customer hated it, though.