On Jan 26, 2012, at 1:19 PM, Manu wrote:

> On 26 January 2012 22:07, Sean Kelly <s...@invisibleduck.org> wrote:
>
> What I like about "receiveOnly" is that the name itself suggests that
> anything other than the specified type is not expected, and so some measure
> will probably be taken.
>
> Again, this only makes sense to me if you already expect that the act of
> receiving (as a compliment to the send API, which you've already invoked and
> have a presumption about), was capable of receiving any/multiple things,
> rather than receiving what you just sent a few lines back...
>
>  receive!T says to me "look for a message of this type and block if it's not
> present."
>
> Perfect. It says that to me too. I'm lost now though, this is the behaviour
> of receiveOnly... are you agreeing now? :)

It's only the behavior of receiveOnly if the queue is completely empty.  If it
contains any other message, receiveOnly will throw.  But from what you've said
I think this is simply a difference in how we design apps.  For me, it's common
to send multiple message types.  For you, it sounds like it is not.