On 2/13/2012 4:32 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
It's the name of the module generated by the program, just more clean aliases
for the Unicode based Windows API functions -- e.g., in C++ one would write
`MessageBox`, not `MessageBoxW`, so I alias them.

The Windows .h files are set up so that MessageBox is a macro that resolves to MessageBoxW or MessageBoxA depending on another macro setting. I've never liked that practice - preferring to call the desired function explicitly (whether that is dirty or clean is not of much import, it is what it is as Microsoft saw fit to name it).