Le 07/03/2012 04:05, Bill a écrit :
F i L Wrote:

I personally find it much easier to remember and use longer, more
sentance-like method names. However, Jonathan and others
obviously feel more comfortable writing with a high level of
abbreviation, which they justify rather well. Still, if D's goal
is to gain popularity, I think it should take notices of other
rising languages like C#.

The problem with making any change to Phobos is backwards
compatibility. So, what if there was a way to satisfy both
parties and keep backwards compatibility? Is there any compelling
reason why simply wrapping Phobos into a different format would
be such bad thing? Meaning:

      // system.io

      private import std.stdio;

      alias write   Write;
      alias writeln WriteLine;
      // etc...

Besides keeping things in-sync and error messages referring to
the original function names (which could be amended), I don't see
why such a library couldn't be written as a way to make the
language easier to swallow to potential D users coming from
Java/C#. Microsoft used similar tactics with J#/F# to help the
Java/Python folks adapt their code to .NET.

good idea ! can refer to the java c # naming specification, to work out d own
naming specification

good luck��
Bill

This is an horrible idea. That make code easier to write, and harder to read. Some language beat D at this game, consider PERL, which is close to write only.