On 2012-04-06 09:17, Kapps wrote:

Secondly, from what I can tell it's an arbitrary key value combo. What
would happen if you're working on a larger project and two unrelated
libraries try to use the same attribute name to mean different things?
With the module system this issue doesn't exist since you have to import
it and can selectively/privately do so, but from what I understand the
method you're proposing doesn't declare the attribute itself at all. Am
I just misunderstanding this part?

The way I'm thinking of attributes is that they are declared, somehow, in a module. Since it's declared in a module it would have the same rules any other declared symbol, with the possibility to use a fully qualified name.

--
/Jacob Carlborg