On Saturday, 7 April 2012 at 17:44:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote

Like I said, some people do like to do it, but Eclipse doesn't like you to, and there are quite a few Java folks who argue that it's bad practice. I forget what the reasons were (maybe increased buld times due to pulling in more symbols or more issues with symbol conflicts - I don't recall), but I wasn't particularly convinced when I heard them. Regardless though, there's a definite contingent against importing with * in the Java community, and it was my understanding that that contigent was the majority of that community, but I
don't know.

- Jonathan M Davis

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/147454/why-is-using-a-wild-card-with-a-java-import-statement-bad

Their reasoning sounds more due to various packages reinventing
things or being poorly split than actual flaws with package
imports themselves. Besides, D already addresses the issues of
indicating which one you want, without the horribly long package
names that Java has. Seems to me their examples are more like
'import std.*' than 'import std.datetime.*'.