On 2012-04-10 08:50, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Haven't seen it before. Unfortunately, he doesn't talk about the
language runtime in detail, but he does talk about how the standard
library needs to be adjusted to use Metro style libraries so I guess the
same would apply to the language RT.

At the end he gives some links and this one might be interesting:
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/PLAT-875T
I'll try to watch that later today.

The thing is, as I understand it, you should be able to use the native types and standard library types/functions through the WinRT API. So you would basically build, for example, a (or a couple of) WinRT range(s)to be able to iterate D collections.

I'm not sure if the language runtime needs to be changed. It depends on what's expected from the WinRT API.

--
/Jacob Carlborg