Am 10.04.2012 09:30, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
On 2012-04-10 09:24, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Okay, I would agree to the first part. This would make the interaction
with WinRT bidirectional and more or less seemless. But one thing in
particular, that you are not allowed to do is to use kernel32.dll (at
least I was told). So you still have to rewrite all the C-library
functions (such as fopen(), malloc() and so on) and anything that the D
runtime or Phobos uses from kernel32 or similar libraries; I gues the
same applies to ws2_32 and so on.

That doesn't sound like a good idea, to force every language to rewrite
their runtime and standard library.

... or they use the VisualStudio C/C++ runtime as their base, which is already adapted.

But since this is all just theory and guesswork, some real tests are probably in order - maybe I can do that tomorrow but unfortunately, my time is currently extremely limited.