On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 20:59:48 UTC, q66 wrote:
On Saturday, 28 April 2012 at 20:35:40 UTC, SomeDude wrote:

This kind of attitude "we need big fat bullshit like Java and heavy use of OO and idioms and EH and all that other crap" is broken and false. And you have no way to prove that Python for example wouldn't scale for large projects; its main fault is that the default implementation is rather slow, but it's not pretty much missing anything required for a large project.

BTW, look at Scala for another language that's designed for large scale programming (as its name implies). Scala is a very good design, some even think it's the Java killer. But I think it's even more complex than D.