Kapps:

1) Ranges force me to use a specific naming convention. My naming convention that I use for my projects is upper camel case. Ranges do not allow this.

Not following the common naming conventions of a language is bad, or quite bad. Most or all modern languages seem to have realized this (Ruby, Python, C#, Go, Scala, and probably several others).

When I see D code written by other people it's very handy to guess some characteristics of the things I'm using assuming it follows the D common naming conventions. This makes reading code simpler, faster, reduces some chances of introducing bugs, and makes is quicker to hack into code written by other people.

Bye,
bearophile