I think it was there where I read about it.

I'll update you if I have any success, otherwise I need to retract my statement. :(

--
Paulo

"Jens Mueller" wrote in message news:mailman.380.1336380192.24740.digitalmar...@puremagic.com...

Paulo Pinto wrote:
On Monday, 7 May 2012 at 07:26:44 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
>Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>AST/symbol table manipulation is way faster than reparsing code.
>>
>>People keep talking about D and Go compilation speed, while I
>>was already
>>enjoying such compile times back in 1990 with Turbo Pascal in
>>computers much
>>less powerfull than my laptop.
>>
>>But C and C++ with their 70's compiler technology, somehow won
>>the
>>market share,
>>and then people started complaining about compilation speeds.
>>
>>Adele Golberg, once wrote a paper telling how C made the
>>compiler technology
>>regress several decades.
>
>Do you happen to remember to exact title of that paper?
>Thanks.
>
>Jens

I'll try to find it, as I don't recall the title.

I just remember that it made some remarks how primitive C was in
regard
to Algol toolchains.

Many thanks.
I couldn't find it myself and I'm interested because Fran Allen said
something similar in Coders at Work.
I didn't understand what she meant. Andrei suggested that it is mostly
(only?) about overlapping pointers to memory. I'm just curious.

Jens