On Thursday, 17 May 2012 at 15:26:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I agree binarySearch is more precise, but I also think it's a minor issue not worth the cost of changing at this point. Improving names of things in the standard library is a quest that could go forever, make everybody happy we're making progress, and achieve no substantial gain.

No need to change anything, just add something:

bool binarySearch(Range, Value)(Range range, Value value)
{
    return assumeSorted(range).contains(value);
}

(constraints, predicates and the myriad of qualifiers/decorations omitted for clarity).