On Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 22:01:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
As you may recall, we have three GSoC 2012 projects for which full-bore coding starts tomorrow:

As discussed in the interview and (quite badly) on the application, I will delay the start by a week on account of finals.

3. Removing the gc lock from common allocations in D by Antti-Ville Tuunainen.

My project turned out to be rather badly named, as due to changed circumstances, I will not work on the lock, at least not initially. Instead, David convinced me that I should try to implement the druntime side of precise marking. Lockless allocation will be implemented one the precise marking works, or when I'm totally stuck on it for long enough that I need to work on something else for a while instead.