On Monday, 4 June 2012 at 20:44:42 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Bernard Helyer:

If you find yourself using postfix increment/decrement operators in the same function call in multiple arguments, slap yourself firmly in the face and refactor that code.

I think this is not acceptable, you can't rely on that, future D programers will not slap themselves and refactor their code. Some of the acceptable alternatives are: 1) Make post/pre increments return void. This avoid those troubles. I think Go language has chosen this. This is my preferred solution.
2) Turn that code into a syntax error for some other cause.
3) Design the language so post/pre increments give a defined effect on all D compilers on all CPUs. Walter since lot of time says this is planned for D. This leads to deterministic programs, but sometimes they are hard to understand and hard to translate (port) to other languages any way. Translating code to other languages is not irrelevant because D must be designed to make it easy to understand the semantics of the code.

Bye,
bearophile

If people can't be bothered to understand what they write, they can go hang.