Le 17/06/2012 00:41, Walter Bright a écrit :
On 6/14/2012 11:58 PM, Don Clugston wrote:
And we're well set up for parallel compilation. There's no shortage of
things we
can do to improve compilation time.

The language is carefully designed, so that at least in theory all the
passes could be done in parallel. I've got the file reads in parallel,
but I'd love to have the lexing, parsing, semantic, optimization, and
code gen all done in parallel. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Using di files for speed seems a bit like jettisoning the cargo to
keep the ship
afloat. It works but you only do it when you've got no other options.

.di files don't make a whole lotta sense for small files, but the bigger
they get, the more they are useful. D needs to be scalable to enormous
project sizes.

The key point is project size here. I wouldn't expect file size to increase in an important manner.