Let me just add, I really *like* the terse syntax of D. Lambdas, uniform function call syntax, and so on.

Although the most important difference between C++ and D, in my opinion, is the absence of the damn #include statement!! That archaic assembly-language-inspired way of cramming billions of lines of code into a single text document; then compiling it; and then bitching about redefined symbols and incompatibilities between headers has caused me more hours of hair-tearing frustration than any single other language "feature".

Garbage-collection I can live without. Closures, properties and events I really miss when they're not available. But header files were the single worst thing to ever befall coders.