On 2012-10-16 17:19, Manu wrote:

What about alsa/pulse/oss, linux input?
I presume OSX has it's own variants of each of these things.

Yes, it has it's own variants. Although I have no experience with these frameworks.

Indeed, but does that involve .m files? :)

Yes, it's possible do it in D as well. I see that Fuji is written in C++, so your choices are: Objective-C, D or Objective-C++. Objective-C++ is basically Objective-C and C++ in the same source file. But it's not possible to mix the object models, i.e. a C++ class cannot inherit from an Objective-C class, or the other way around.

Here's an Objective-C - D bridge I've made, it has some documentation of how to interact with Objective-C from another language:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dstep/wiki/ObjcBridge/BridgeInternals

I'll do it with you/do most of it myself, I just need someone to test
it, and give me OSX advice.

Ok, I'll see. Then it shouldn't be any problems.

--
/Jacob Carlborg