On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 14:29:42 UTC, foobar wrote:

Java has the correct DRY solution - each class can define a static main method but the compiler only uses the one specified by a compiler switch. The above basically asks the programmer to endlessly repeat the same trivial implementation boilerplate that should be written just once _in_ the compiler.

I remember this. I remember scratching my head and asking why, but then realizing that likely 99% of the time it's never called, so I started using it to build and do unittests (without Junit).

Curiously. I'm suddenly reminded of a test suite I made for a company for Visual Basic. It was years ago and a nice little test suite; I really wish I had a copy.