On Saturday, 3 November 2012 at 10:33:54 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 08:19:15 +0100
"Paulo Pinto" <pj...@progtools.org> wrote:

What I have learned in all my years of enterprise development is that all those features have zero value for business.

Languages get adopted because of business value, not due to the coolness of their feature set, how boring it may sell.

If we want to sell D to companies using C++ for years, slowly migrating to JVM, .NET worlds, or just updating their codebases to C++11, then we need to sell D's business value not feature lists.

The problem with "business value" is that there's two types of it: First there's "reality" business value which *naturally* includes, among other things, how well it works for the people actually using it. But then there's also "MBA/PHB" business value which *doesn't* factor that in because...well I can't finish that sentence without delving into
rather graphic profanity, anatomical references, and
general offensiveness to an entire profession ;)

Sadly I meant the MBA type of business value. :(