All,

I just sent off an e-mail to Riley Hollingsworth at the FCC on
the subject -- not only because of the question about Olivia,
but because I'm ready to do some on-the-air testing of some mods
to MT63 (as a step towards building an ARQ wrapper to put around
it).  The code I've got right now for MT63 puts it inside a
varicode layer, then allows for reducing the FEC strength (and
increasing throughput) by changing the symbol size down to 6, 5,
or 4 characters - producing a spectrum of 32, 16, or 8 carriers
with higher symbol rates within the same bandwidth.  The Varicode
layer makes the reduced symbol size a non-issue, as well as
providing a few extra characters to be used for things like the
idle character and a frame delimiter for ARQ packets.

Hopefully, I'll be getting a response soon and will be ready to
do some testing.

73,

Paul / K9PS
Bloomfield, IN

The K3UK DIGITAL MODES SPOTTING CLUSTER AT telnet://208.15.25.196/

Discussion Forums at http://www.obriensweb.com