Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] NTS and traffic handling and digital

John,

You are grossly misinformed. The Winlink stations on the frequecies you list are Winlink 2000 stations handling e mail messages.
NTSD operates almost exclusively in the small automatic control band segments.

Dave WB2FTX

John Bradley wrote:
I would like to point out that Dave Struebel and the Winlink Group are responsible for most of the QRM we enjoy on HF from unattended Winlink
stations, especially around 14105 to 14110.

If Winlink, rather than spreading themselves out all over the band, were to confine their operations to a narrower segment, ie 14072 to 14080, and below
14105, leaving the OLIVIA and other similar modes some operating room, then it might be worthwhile getting involved with NTSD. This doesn't have to be done by regulation, just a gentlemen's agreement would suffice.

Like many hams, I have a pactor 1 TNC sitting doing nothing, but don't want to make a bad situation worse . Until Winlink cleans up it's act, I don't want to be any part of more QRM

John
VE5MU