I dont think anyone has said that band plans, just because they are
different than ours, are wrong.  What has been said is that having different
band plans can lead to difficulties for one or the other, or both.  If your
band plan allows your operators to work modes on frequencies where anothers
band plan has different modes, that can and does lead to trouble.  It really
doesnt matter who was first with the plan.  What matters is that if there
are plans in place, and another country makes their plan contrary, to the
others, then they ARE wrong.  The one and only solution to this is an
International band plan, and for that plan to have teeth in the aspect of
government regulations and enforcement in all countries.  If radio waves
stopped at a border, we wouldnt be having this conversation

I am a supporter of the idea of band planning and sub-bands by bandwidth,
versus the mode plan as we have here in the states now, but whether or not
that is chosen makes no difference in the fact that other countries will not
be in phase with it, thus there will still be inteference problems across
borders.  We as hams, need to insure our national organizations understand
this, and push them until there are internatnional agreements.  A real tough
row to how, but that is just how it is.