The problem here is that if the FCC drops Morse Code, they won't be
able require CW be used for this purpose.  You'll also have folks that
are adamant against having to learn Morse Code for this purpose.

Also, I usually don't listen to the frequency, the waterfall suffices
for that.  Recognizing a QRL in CW may not work well in this situation.

Jim
WA0LYK