> Paul L Schmidt wrote:
> But if it's a digitally-compressed data stream that just happens
> to be carrying video (it *could* be anything, right?) which is it?

Perhaps the question needs to be put directly to
the FCC as a request for clarification?

Ask them if "video" in the many years old regs
intended to regulate analog images and that now
technology has progressed such that images may
be embedded in digital signals that the digital
regs take precedence when considering digital
ATV or digital SSTV.

> WHoever it was that combined the issue of regulation by bandwidth with
> automatic control did a *MAJOR* dis-service to ham radio.
> OK, so I'll say it... whoever the IDIOT was that combined the two
> issues did a major dis-service to ham radio.

Tell us how you really feel ... :-)

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Florida Home w/Rohn 45 in concrete base & 10 acres for sale:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM