> Andrew O'Brien wrote:
>> will be intolerable unless
>>> operators of semi-automatic stations start losing their licenses if
>>> their stations habitually QRM in-progress QSOs while responding to
>>> remote requests.
>
> but Dave, how is this kind of QRM routinely dealt with by the FCC?
> I'm talking about any time a station starts a QSO on an already
> occupied frequency, regardless of mode. Does not the offending station
> simply have to say "I listened and heard no QSO".  How would FCC
> license-taking-away offcials be able to prove that the offending
> operator  either did not listen, or listened and heard someone but
> ignored them?   I guess if not actually in control of the station that
> might be proved.
>
> I guess I'm at the point of suggesting that we just cope with the QRM.

Two suggestions:

1.  This is why the FCC encouraged, and encourages, the
reporting activities of OO's (Official Observers) affiliated
with the ARRL.  The FCC does respond to properly documented
cases of QRM after an OO has notified the guilty parties
and has observed and documented repeated QRMing.  Perhaps
we need OO's properly equipped to monitor all modes?

2.  We do not yet have affordable and mostly automated
digital mode filters.  When we do removing offending
digital modes will be the same as removing nearby voice
stations, carriers, QRN, and other functional if not
intentional QRM.  Meanwhile everyone needs to be more
polite, busy frequency/collision detection mandatory,
and OO activity stepped-up.

BTW:  If there is no problem then no one will object
to digital mode filters, mandatory busy frequency/collision
detection, and more and better equipped OO's.

73, doc kd4e

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM