On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:17:18 -0000, "expeditionradio"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have a dedicated PCALE station, and a separate embedded ALE rig,
>the Icom IC-F7000.

Interesting, the tech at ICOM/Washington state,  told me last week that this
radio was not even supposed to be in this country because it is not fully
compatible with the standards being set by Kenwood, Harris, Micom,  etc, etc.

But, they are working on it.   Icom just does not have anything usable to talk
with Codan and Harris, and Micom  and so on.  When they do, they will bring
out a new series but it will not be the F7000.  the F7000 is apparently just a
test bed.

fwiw
73/chas
--