If the "pops" or "bursts" of ALE is the turkey gobble sound, then this
is not a minor point of interference. If a person was on a frequency
that has been claimed by the ALE enthusiasts as "their" frequency, and a
few dozen users are sending the 8psk signal every so often, that would
be intolerable from my perspective. But maybe it only me who would find
this a poor amateur practice.