The most current SCAMP Specification file was Revision Q, dated Feb 1,
2005. It is on the ScampProtocol yahoogroup. That group has been very
quiet for well over a year as we are waiting for Rick, KN6KB, to
complete his priority work with other programming before he can get back
to working on SCAMP again.

While SCAMP is considered an asynchronous mode, it works very well in my
experience and from a human perspective seems like a synchronous mode to
a large extent. You have to see it working to believe it. You almost
think "this can not be happening" as the data is rapidly transferred and
your rig and the other rig are handling the negotiations.

Amtor is obsolete for all practical purposes as it requires rapid, two
transmissions per second of those three characters for each TX and while
it seemed very high tech when we first used it, Pactor was not quite so
extreme and had a much longer packet and longer window. I am only
guessing that the Amtor timing starts the moment the first character is
sent and the transmitter is keyed.

Due to propagation delays around the world there were some issues on
some stations being too far away. And then again too close if the rig
turnaround time was insufficiently fast. Pactor has some adjustments for
that.