I think Ed made my argument much more succintly than I did.  The only
thing he forgot was how any "whitespace/holes" in frequency or time
would be synchronized at both ends of a conversation.

It does no good to sync your transmissions to these "whitespace/holes"
in your end when the person on the other end, perhaps across the
country, has different "whitespace/holes" he/she must utilize to hear.
 You have to sync your transmissions to the "whitespace/holes" at the
distant end.  Pretty difficult to do.  The only way to do this would
be if the different BPL vendors could somehow use a very accurate time
base nationwide to assure their "whitespace/holes" were synchronized.

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]