Andrew, I dont know the speed of these cpus.  But, I am using 2.2 gig cpu in
both my machines here that I built.  They will run circles.  I have the
whole DXLab suite running, along with my email, and run two or three screens
of IE and Firefox, etc. with no problems whatsoever.  It is the memory that
you really need to think about upgrading more than cpu, these days.  I have
512(two 256 chips) and the machines have had NO problems doing whatever I
ask them to do.  I also have a mother board with three different video
outputs, SVGA, DVI -Digital, and TV outputs (only two can be used at a time)
I would not purchase or build any machine today that could not handle at
least two video monitors at a time.  Its great having a 19 inch and a 17
inch screen setting here side by side.  I am even thinking about putting
another video card in two handle at least one more.  Many of the cheaper
machines just have one video output, so watch for that.

ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each
.
QSL LOTW-buro- direct
As courtesty I upload to eQSL but if you
    use that - also pls upload to LOTW
    or hard card.

moderator  [EMAIL PROTECTED]