A critical parameter with monitors in amateur radio applications is
resolution. $160 for a 20" monitor that can't do better than 1024 x
768 would be no bargain. 1280 x 1024 would be reasonable for that
price, but check its reviews for good text readability. You should
also verify that the display adaptor in the system you choose can
support this resolution with reasonable color depth.

Until recently, my primary display was a Nanao 20" LCD whose
resolution is 1600 x 1200. This many bits is nice for running
multiple applications simultaneously, but I found myself squinting
after long development sessions; 22" or 24" would be a better monitor
size for this resolution.

When I built a new development system, I upgraded to a 30" Dell LCD
whose resolution is 2560 x 1600. All that room is great, but I wish
it were concave. In hindsight, an angled pair of 22" displays running
1600 x 1200 might have been better.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Robert Meuser <robertm@> wrote:
> >

> > Go with the dual core and the greater amount of RAM. That is
assuming
> > all other things are equal.
> >

> Thanks for the feedback guys, I will go with the dual core that
comes
> with 1 gig of RAM  that can be upgraded 4 Gigs.  I'll check Dave's
HD
> related spefications.  The packages states "160GB Serial ATA Hard
Drive